[Harp-L] Jazz on Diatonic

In a message dated 11/23/2005 10:05:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Similarly there may be melodies that require double-stops that simply  don't
exist on the harp.
Then you've got no choice but to simply play one  note instead of two.

Regarding double stops: I haven't followed this entire thread, so maybe  this
has been said before, but there are some people (not me, yet) who can  tongue
block a note on the right side of the harp while bending to get the  desired
note on the left side of the tongue.  Howard Levy was  practicing that
technique during a car ride when i once had the opportunity to  pick him up at an
airport for a harp seminar.
ron