[Harp-L] Douglas Tate

I was tremendously saddened today by news of Douglas Tate's death.

Douglas was a fine player, a fine teacher and writer, maker of the
Renaissance, one of the best chromatic harmonicas ever manufactured, and
a friend and confidant to many of the world's leading harmonica
players.  Leading composers wrote pieces esepcially for Douglas, and not
in vain.  His recordings made those works come alive.

Douglas's comments on my work were important to me.  He helped me to
understand my own music in a different and deeper way.  I'm sure other
players and composer could say the same.

Given Douglas's seriousness of purpose, intellect, and generosity, I'm
sure that he affected many other people who had little or nothing to do
with the harmonica in similar ways.  But I will close with a special
thanks to Douglas for all that he did for the harmonica and the people
who play it.

Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com