Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] 545 was: LW and monarch mc 24

John K. wrote:

> *****Yeah, those old 545's are no good!  Let's lower the demand and
> keep the prices down for me.  :-)
> No insult intended.  Personally, I don't find that they feed real
> bad.  And I'm glad LW didn't play one; it would just drive the price
> up higher -- it's tough enough that Butter did!  (It's my current
> fav -- that's why I felt compelled to reply.)

The 545 is  my fav with the Bassman RI too.
Concerning the hype pushing the price:
I have one of those big Argonne crystal mics, known as "Big Walter mic", also
known as Calrad and several other brands. But there is no real hype about
this type of mic, so they go rather cheap.
I don't like it that much, it sounds kinda hollow for me.

cu,
Ralf