[Harp-L] 64 Chromonica

Hi all.  I was recently given an old 64 Chromonica by a local taxi  driver.
When i went to dismantle it to clean it i was surprised to  find it had
leather valves instead  of the usual plastic ones.    The harp comes in a faux
walnut box with a peach coloured padded interior....by  the way the harp has a
wooden body.    I want to try and restore  it.   The reeds all seem to be
ok,slider is ok and all the relevent  bits and bobs are there.   What i could do with
from the very  knowledgable bunch who frequent harp-l is any tips or indeed
any info in general  about this harp...when manufactured and how do i restore
the leather  valves?   I have been feeding them with minute amounts of olive oil
 with some success......  Or do i take all the leather valves out and put in
a set of the plastic ones?   OH...What would you fix them on with if i
removed them?    Any help in this matter would be greatly  appreciated, Cheers, Al.