Re: [Harp-L] Sniping on Ebay

E-bay is exactly like anything else. There's a learning curve and a subtle set of rules along with a not readily apparent overall culture. It's certainly not for everyone. The only reason anyone ever loses an auction is that someone else bids more. Sniping programs have nothing to do with this bottom line reality. Much very good advice and insight has already been offered so I won't delve into strategy. What worked for me was to buy lots of things that were not worth very much. Low end marbles were my choice. I lost lots of auctions and then over time figured out what I needed to do to win. fjm