Re: [Harp-L] Electrovoice mics that are good for harp

Subject: [Harp-L] Electrovoice mics that are good for harp

"Can anybody suggest some good Electro Voice mics for
harp? Actually any ball/stick mics of any brand.
Personaly, I am already familiar with the Shure 545
and EV re 10...which I still need to get a hold of if
anybody is selling one."

Try the EV 635A, it's pretty similar to a RE 10. The 635A is still produced and is a popular broadcast mic, frequently see them on podiums at press conferences. Sound wise, it's pretty much like a SM-57, I actually prefer it to the 57. These are bullet proof mics, can probably used to drive nails, etc. You can find these pretty cheap at pawnshops, I got mine for $10.

Good luck,
Don D.
www.thebernadettes.com