[Harp-L] Electrovoice mics that are good for harp

"Can anybody suggest some good Electro Voice mics for
harp? Actually any ball/stick mics of any brand.
Personaly, I am already familiar with the Shure 545
and EV re 10...which I still need to get a hold of if
anybody is selling one."

Both the Electro Voice 641 and 638 are great harp mics.  I have a 641 and it plays just about exactly like my Shure CM and CR elements - maybe even a little hotter. The 641 is pretty heavy since it has extra length for the rather klunky, large on/off switch but the 639 (could be 638) is about the same weight as a JT-30.  They are both very cool looking mics.  If you want to see what one looks like check out David Barret's book "Exploring Third Position".  There's a picture of the 639 (or 638) on the cover.  Neather of these mics would lend themselves to adding a volume pot though.
Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh