Re: [Harp-L] Re: Deep exhale - more reasons

adding to Hurricane's input...

When I was taking music lessons a few years back my teacher (a jazz flutist)
told me to improvise with authority. If you sound timid in certain parts of
a solo it will be noticable. If you hit wrong notes (we all know there are
no wrong notes:)) it will sound like you got lost and hit wrong notes.

If you wail through your solos with equal volume and tone mistakes won't
sound like mistakes. Uncertainty won't be obvious.  Solos will sound like
you are playing "outside the box".

A good harp  example of this are Bill Barrett cd's. If he played timid you
would think he was making mistakes all over the place. Bill makes his sound
work like no other.

mike