Re: [Harp-L] asking to sit in

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allen Stratyner" <astratyner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 7:10 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] asking to sit in

Bob said - So the next time someone, who perhaps doesn't know better,
asks to sit in consider that
first they love the music as much as you and second maybe the guy can really
play.

Bob, most guys who can really play are not hung up on sitting in. They
are so secure in their ability to play that they'd rather listen to another
master player do his/her thing, and possibly even learn something new.

That is exactly how I feel and Allen, that hits the nail SQUARELY on the head!!!! There have been many times that I've been asked to sit in and declined so I can just be there to listen and take it all in.

    I have never heard you play so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt,
and assume you are a talented player.
    However I can tell you that in most cases It's the drunks and self
deluded dilatants that have the overwhelming need to pester the band about
playing on stage.            My best,
                                                          Allen

Thank You!!! This is well said and I agree with this and then some!!!! Even worse, are the drunks, and as you say, "self deleded dilatants" who are there to impress their friends and significant other(s), which is more or less the harmonica version of talking trash.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com