Re: [Harp-L] crosss harp not available??? /was-- Froggy's Website online

Hi, Howard.

The Crossharp continues to be available. It started long ago as a handmade version, and was converted to the MS version when the MSs were developed. So nowadays you will find the Crossharp MS with MS reeds. BTW, to the one that asked about the shiny comb, it is injection molded plastic with a thin golden layer, which gives this harmonica a special character.
All the best,
Fernando

Howard Chandler wrote:

I did not know that that:

A. The crosshap is no longer available
B. That they were handmade.

I thought they used the MS reedplates?

I never could figure why they cost so much, but I love the two (LowD and G) that I have. I guess I'll have to take extra good care of them now, for sure!

Howard