Re: [Harp-L] (no subject)

richardlvale@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Can those of you who consider yourselves highly proficient
> in blues harp (including professionals) please tell me if any
> of you were totally self-taught? By that, I mean no live
> lessons or seminars and no blues harp-playing friends or
> acquaintances who helped you.

i'm certainly not in that category, but i'd think that many
of the people we esteem as old time masters of the blues harp
were pretty much making it up as they went along.

> I just need to know if there is any hope that I can ever
> be anything other than a hacker.

my belief is that you, and i, and anyone else with sincere
interest and the will to make it happen can do so.  we have
resources available to us (like this list, instructional materials,
books, videos, cd's, recordings, etc) undreamed of by earlier
generations.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.