[Harp-L] (no subject)

Can those of you who consider yourselves highly proficient in blues harp (including professionals) please tell me if any of you were totally self-taught? By that, I mean no live lessons or seminars and no blues harp-playing friends or acquaintances who helped you. If you fit into that category, which of you were not proficient in playing another instrument before you started playing harp? My questions do not arise from idle curiosity. I just need to know if there is any hope that I can ever be anything other than a hacker.