[Harp-L] Re: Harp practice (warning--long)

Joe Leone wrote:
"... I have this pet theory called "a couple drunk guys". Eons ago,
there
were these guys who were cracking coal all day and that night they got
drunk. (btw, I also feel religion started this way). In any case, these
guys were sitting around saying "there HAS to be a better/easier way to
make a living. One of them had noticed that people played rudumentary
instruments and everyone sat around relaxing, chilling out, and
recuperating from the hard days work. It was soothing. Another one felt
that if THEY could practice these instruments a 'little' harder than
the next guy and get good with them, they might be able to score food &
beverage from  the other sojourners. The third one felt that they could
travel the country side and play their instruments for a few dinar..."

With due respect, I've read a lot of interviews with successful
musicians over the years, and every one of them -- except for the
female  musicians -- including Duke Ellington, said they got into music
for the same reason: to get girls.  Not food. Girls.

I grant that you're more likely to find girls almost anywhere other than
a coal mine, and the theory above is certainly entertaining.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter
hutnerharp.com