Re: [Harp-L] Power adapters are NOT created equal

From: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I used those and got the very same results too. Most Bos pedals use tend to use adapters that are 200ma, and anything higher introduces unwanted noise,

P=IE (Power = current x voltage) so a 9V adapter rated at 200ma can supply up to 1.8 Watts of power. If your pedal consumes 1.5W at 9V then it will draw 166 ma from a 200ma adapter and/or from a 50 amp adapter. I'm trying to understand what it is about an adapter that is "capable" of delivering more power that would cause it to be noisier when it is delivering much less than it is capable of delivering. You might have one that happens to be noisier, but I don't understand a "cause and effect relationship"?

Peace and music,
Dave