[Harp-L] Subject: Sudden Hearing Loss - a possible help/cure?

Not sure this will work for anyone with tinnitus brought on by high sound
decibels as was recently discussed here, but I found it interesting and thought
I'd toss it out there just for information:

July 21 Health Tips
"Vitamin E may help restore hearing

Israeli scientists  say early study results show vitamin E may restore sudden
onset  hearing loss of unknown origin or idiopathic sudden hearing loss. The
findings, presented at the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and  Neck
Surgery Foundation annual meeting, suggest  further research may reveal the
role of antioxidants in the  prevention and restoration of hearing loss. Each
year, some 4,000  Americans report the onset of sudden hearing loss. Causes
include
infectious diseases, circulatory disorders,  traumatic injuries and
immunologic,
toxic, metabolic and neurological sources. However, the cause of SHL  can
only
be identified in 10 percent to 15 percent of patients,  the remainder of
cases,
which have no obvious cause, are termed idiopathic sudden hearing  loss.
About two-thirds of these patients recover without treatment within  days. "

.....well there was this too - but I'm not sure how it relates.  (Only
reporting mind you, not suggesting. <g>):
 -- Maintain a good sense of humor. Laughter helps keep blood  vessels
dilated and protects against heart attacks.   -- Have sex  frequently.  Studies
indicate sexual activity might help prolong life,  as well as prevent colds,
depression and heart  disease.

Elizabeth