[Harp-L] Subject: If you can't stand the heat....

Iceman writes:  "There is a bandana/scarf with some type of crystal  item
sewn inside"......(snipped)

"A little research should get those  interested the info they need".
The Iceman"

.....Amazing - two threads in one digest I can relate to, but  last first:  I
had JUST read a  link about the Aussie MiraCool  neck bandana.  I had bought
something similar when I went  to Phoenix in July on vacation some time back.
It did  work.  I still got heat stroke (well I'm a Scot via New York so
that's a  given), but I didn't die in the 104 degree ("but it's a dry") heat.  When
I  first read Steve's post I thought of those water misters people in Az (and
other  hot states) use around their swimming pools and lanais -- they project
a fine  cooling mist into the air and one can purchase a portable version -
but then  imagined amps shorting out....not a good thing, so this would be the
best possibility.  I wonder if keeping one's feet cool at the same  time
would help - since that tends to cool the entire body as well -- and who  would
know if you're sitting down hidden by the walls of the Gazebo? (or maybe  the
site makes something similar to install in your shoes?)(I haven't looked at
every product yet). In re drinking water -- I'd also make sure my  bottled water
had the "squeeze" tops.  Makes it a lot easier and faster to  get a quick
drink.  No one mentioned "sports" drinks....they might  replenish your
electrolytes and keep you hydrated as  well.          _Click here: MiraCool_
(http://www.tuffrhino.com/MiraCool_s/45.htm)
Elizabeth