Re: [Harp-L] Jams - standards, etc.

Pierre <plavio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just landed on a page by Dave Barrett and since we're on
> the topic of jams these days I thought I would pass on the info.
> Among other things he said the following:
>
> ...you are a harmonica player and there are tunes specific to your
> instrument as well to add to the list. To start I would recommend
> that you memorize every Little Walter song recorded...

i think you just set peter back another three years.

i'd be fine if all i had to play at my local blues jam were
the "standards".  but i always seem to land in a group
that decides to go wild on "hey joe", "voodoo child",
"whippin' post", or the like.

keeps me guessing.  i figure i'm only up there for a
few songs, so what the heck.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.