Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar Cover Plates

I have had the lowest draw reeds hit the covers on some low keys, but this
is easily rectified by reshaping the bottom cover at the low end of the
harmonica.

-- G.

You say "easily:" we are talking bent metal here aren't we? How do you reshape a cover without distorting it so that it doesn't fit on the reedplates properly any more? I have several low harps with this problem and I thought it was well-nigh insoluble. Apologies if I've missed a link to this somewhere (and also for my general manual ineptitude).

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm