Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar Cover Plates

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:59:39 -0500
From: "Bill Hines" <billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar Cover Plates
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>I noticed that it seemed easier to play the A and G Lee Oskar harps than
>the C, D, and F ones that I have because they seemed "fatter"
>(physically, not the notes) in my mouth. I put them all side by side and
>sure enough, the A and G harps had a thicker bottom cover plate (the top
>plates all seemed the same width). I'm wondering if this is a design
>change, and whether the slimmer ones or fatter ones are the newer type.

Hi Bill,
  The fat bottom Lee Oskar covers come with Low F, G, Ab & A harmonicas.
For myself I prefer the original slim covers because thats what I'm used to
playing with.  As a result I have three fat bottom covers I'd be happy to
swap for three of your slim bottom LO covers.
Contact me off list if you want:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica

I have had the lowest draw reeds hit the covers on some low keys, but this
is easily rectified by reshaping the bottom cover at the low end of the
harmonica.
-- G.
http://harmonica.7p.com