RE: [Harp-L] To all harmonica travelers (no harp content)

No, it is not an electronic visa, it is an electronic passport. I have to ask for a new passport (which is upsetting because I already have a valid passport but not electronic one) and to pay for it (which is very upsetting then because as I told, I already have a passport that I have paid...)

I do not knwo about electronic Visa. Is it another trick I should know before leaving? I would not like to come, happyface, with my brand new electronic passport and be refused because another thing like that electronic visa.

Froggy

Steve Shaw <moorcot@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Since January 1st, it appears that Electronic Passports are required to
>take some flight's companies planes. Such as for going into some states
>like USA.
>
>As far as I know, if you can not provide an electonic passport, they will
>simply sned you bakc to your home.
>
>I just have had that experience: I was planning to go to USA in two weeks,
>and I have had to cancel my projects and my flights because my passport,
>though still valid for the 7 coming years, is not an electronic one and
>such companies as Lufthansa, and such states as USA, now, require an
>electronic passport.

>Froggy

When you say electronic passport do you mean the same thing as the
electronic visa I had to get in order to book my flight to Australia?
There's no paperwork - apparently the visa shows up on the computer when you
check in (so I was told). You still need your paper passport. I was hoping
they'd let me, my wife and my harps in for a couple of weeks at Easter...
We'll be in Perth, if there are any harp-lers around there.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
http://harmonicapics.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Hear clips from my CD at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm