From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Richard Lister
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:24 PM
To: bbhcfr@xxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tongue Blocking the blow bends

Nicolas Fouquet <bbhcfr@xxxxxxxx> wrote
on Mon, 3 Jan 2005 23:08:25 +0100 (CET):

> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tongue Blocking the blow bends
>
> I have heard from Allen Holmes that Jim Conway from Chicago can get a
> full chromatic scale while tongue block in same time: tongue block
> bending and tongue block overbending!!!!!!

Hey Nicolas

I also tongue-block everything. In fact I can hardly get a single-note
out using pucker. That first day I bought a harp I tried both pucker and
tongue-block and the latter came easier, so that's the road I went down.

You can certainly hit all the bends and overbends with tongue-block. Or
at least, a good player can :-)  I'm still struggling with my overdraws,
but it's certainly not my embouchure that's to blame!

Cheers
Ric