Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tongue Blocking the blow bends

Nicolas Fouquet <bbhcfr@xxxxxxxx> wrote
on Mon, 3 Jan 2005 23:08:25 +0100 (CET):

> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tongue Blocking the blow bends
>
> I have heard from Allen Holmes that Jim Conway from Chicago can get
> a full chromatic scale while tongue block in same time: tongue block
> bending and tongue block overbending!!!!!!

Hey Nicolas

I also tongue-block everything. In fact I can hardly get a single-note
out using pucker. That first day I bought a harp I tried both pucker
and tongue-block and the latter came easier, so that's the road I went
down.

You can certainly hit all the bends and overbends with tongue-block.
Or at least, a good player can :-)  I'm still struggling with my
overdraws, but it's certainly not my embouchure that's to blame!

Cheers
Ric