[Harp-L] Re: John Mayall

Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mayall is certainly not a great harp player.
> But so what?  He wrote and sang great songs, he led great bands, and he
> made great records.
> I love Mayall's music.  For those who haven't heard it, I strongly
> recommend "A Hard Road" as a starting point.  It is as moody, loud,
> driving, and heartfelt as any blues you've ever heard, and the songs are
> utterly unique and personal.

i agree with all of this.  but i would also point people to
"the turning point".  beautiful album, with only a little harp but
great sax, guitar, vocals and songwriting.  much of it is quiet,
moody, introspective.  great stuff.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.