[Harp-L] Valved Harps

I have been reading the posts to this site for a couple weeks now. I am new to playing the harp. I have been working at it for about 2 months. I have purchased a number of different harps, trying to find the 'perfect' one for my style. Regardless of the price, I am still struggling on finding just the right harp.

In my quest, I recently purchased a valved Suzuki 350. I must say, after only one day, I am impressed. The harp is responsive to light air flow and has a pleasing sound.

The issue I am having is that tonight, blowing in the 7 and 8 holes wouldn't work unless I really pushed air through the holes. It was like the holes were blocked, until enough pressure freed them. After moving to a different hole and returning, I found the issue was still there.

I took the harp apart and found that there was moisture holding the valves down to the reed plate, which was not allowing the valve to function without significant pressure. My question is ... is there an quick and easy way to remedy this situation, short of opening the harp and drying the moisture off of the reed plates?

Mike