RE: [Harp-L] tongue roll - same as tongue flutter?

[QUOTE] As an aside, I'm finding out that one can do much without sliding the harp
over the lips or vice-versa. The jaw flick is a new and useful tool to me and I imagine the wrist->wobble trill will be, too.

Michelle

That jaw-flick is exceptionally valuable when it comes to playing ornamentations in traditional Irish tunes. Brendan Power has mentioned it in his writings on Irish music on harmonica, and he says he got the idea from the harmonica-playing Murphy family of Wexford. I find it much more reliable for getting those little "cuts" than head-shaking or harp-shaking.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm