[Harp-L] Let's talk about head "shakes" or something else

Dear Harp-L,

"My name is Dan.  I play the harmonica."

    group:  "Hi Dan"

    Dan:  " I've been quiet on Harp-L for 4 months"

(clapping)

I make it a point not to post on Harp-L.  I find the experience frustrating as, from my point of view, debate here often turns into close-minded opinion battles, pontification, or downright hot-headed arguments.  I know, because I too am guilty of strong opinions and an over-inflated ego.

 I quietly read this list to break up my work day, and sometimes pick up inspiration or information from a few wise folks herein.  I stay out of the list, mainly to avoid being "one of those guys"  It's not much, but it's my way of helping out.

This discussion topic, (while fun to watch......the way boxing, or cock-fights or train wrecks... are" fun") is the sort of thing that makes me want to unsubscribe again.

      "so leave, we don't need you anyway......."

And I don't "need" harp-l, but maybe somebody does.  Maybe some other player could use some help.  Maybe that person sees this sort of "argument" and gets turned off (the way I did when I first quit Harp-L)

Perhaps I'd have learned more theory earlier.  Perhaps I'd be effectively overblowing.  Maybe, I'd be a little more focused in realizing whatever "talent" I have.

Don't worry aobut me.  I'll take care of myself.  I'm not worried about Mr. Hunter or 123 guy either.  They'll be fine. These things happen.  But, let's move on.

Harp Content:  Stock Marine Bands.  I like them.  May switch over to them.  How about that?

Thanks for your time,

Dan Gage

Middletown, CT