Re: [Harp-L] Hello and Introduction

the ghost of Smokey Joe writes

Most on THIS list will recommend a diatonic. Another list might recommend a chromatic.

I'd just like to point out that harp-l is the only list devoted to ALL things harmonica especially and including chromatic harmonica. One of the things I really miss about the good old days of harp-l is the chromatic contingent. I realise Slidemeister (the other list referred to) was formed for a reason, chromatic players were being run over on harp-l as they tried to have discussions but I like to think that wouldn't be true on today's list. Harp-l was also a little more political in the past than it is now. I for one really miss the chromatic players and their discussions. I do lurk Slidemeister but it's not the same as everyone in the same room and some very key players are missing in that discussion anyhow. While amp and gear talk can dominate the discusssions here from time to time it doesn't have to. Content is determined by you the listers not me the listowner. As long as the very loose list guidelines are adhered to you won't and don't hear from me regarding topics. fjm harp-l-listowner