Re: [Harp-L] Re: a question for all you toungue blockers outthere...

----- Original Message ----- From: "bloozeharp" <bloozeharp@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "Robert Paparozzi" <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: a question for all you toungue blockers outthere...

you're dead on there, Bob. My wife recently started vocal lessons and the
first thing she said to me after that first lesson was "you're breathing
wrong". I've been a dedicated runner and harp player for years but somehow
never picked up on the correct way to breathe. In the short time that I have
been concentrating on diaphragm breathing I have noticed substantial
improvement in the way I play harp.

Hi,
And I'll bet this is with a LOT less effort to boot also!!! It's absolutely amazing at just how many of us have really AWFUL breathing habits not just in harp playing, but in out everyday lives. There was a book out by Richard Smith called "Total Breathing." that's been long out of print that had over 100 different types of breathing exercises that had nothing to do with singing or anything musical, but for everyday living and was also a welcome help to me and I just wish it was still in print because it's a really great book for breathing exercises.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com