Re: [Harp-L] Re: Favorite Harp Labeling Methods

Eric Neumann wrote:

Also, I think it really depends all on how you store your harps while
performing. I do not use a case. (yet) I use a leather cartridge belt
that keeps two harps in each of the five pockets. I don't play the
chrom, (yet) so this works fine for me.

I wonder if we use the same belt. A couple years before I started playing harp, I came across a cool surplus leather cartridge belt at Banana Republic (way, way back when they were a "Safari Outfitter") with 5 pockets and a little metal clip hanging off one end. I got it just 'cause it was nifty, and finally found a use for it when I needed a way to carry all the tin sandwiches I started to accumulate. To this day it makes quite the impression, and is a great way to keep harps within reach when on stage. The clip even makes a great place to loop the mic cable through so if anyone steps on it, I just get a tug on the belt instead of having my crystal bullet mic yanked out of my hands.

I keep the harp keys in alphabetical order along the belt, and can always find what I need in a hurry.

I still pop one in my mouth upside down, though...