RE: [Harp-L] Favorite Harp Labeling Methods - Etc.

I carry a harp or two loose in my pocket wherever I go, lint be damned, but for carrying a gig set of harps I use:

A Plastic Fishing Tackle Box!

Mine cost less than ten bucks and works better than any other rig I've seen. With two trays and a space below, I can carry 12 harps on the top level, each in their own little slot, on the next level 24 backups and odd keys/tunings. In the bottom there's room for a couple mics, two patchcords, converters, tools, spare parts, etc. The handle and latch is totally secure, it fits in my little day-pack for travelling, and doesn't look like it contains valuables - but it does.

I label my harps (SP 20s) on the shield with a sharpie indelible marker, then put a small piece of clear packing tape just over the letter so it doesn't rub off. But also, in my tackle-box rig the top rack of harps are in separate slots and I know where each key is, so I can grab 'em without even looking.

It's my favorite solution for now, but I'm always ready to learn!

-Dave Fertig