Re: [Harp-L] virtuoso (vs crap?)

A beginner who has had a harp in hand for 10 minutes and can just about play 4 blow is not crap. A 6-month player who has invested in Portnoy's masterclass and is struggling through it is not crap. A guy who has been playing for a while and writes a worried post to this list asking how to bend notes is not crap. Someone who has been working at playing well, gets up in public for the first time and screws it up is not crap. A limited player who plays well, but stays within his limits, is not crap. 99.5% of us are not crap, and it's worth remembering that a lot of us (most? ALL?) are on this list because we want to better ourselves, so on this list I think you'll find a lower proportion of "crap" players than in the world at large. Smother me privates in runny honey and bring on the dancing ants if I'm wrong.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica

Steve's CD of mostly traditional Irish, "Blowing Through The Reeds," is now available! Hear clips at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger