RE: [Harp-L] 'A' harp cutting through, telling guitarists to turn down

I agree that getting the guitar players to crank it back it pretty much a
lost cause.   The whole concept of dynamics is completely lost on many
players.  I too finally opted for a bigger amp (Bassman) so I could compete.
But even with the larger amp I work to keep the volume reasonable.  I have
listened to many bands and watched people get up and leave because of the
volume.  If you see folks stuffing napkins in there ears, that should be a
hint.

I attribute it to two reasons.

1.  Older players can't tell because they are already deaf from years of
playing too loud.

2.  Youngsters don't know any better because noone is teaching them any
better.  They get together with other youngsters and just keep trying to out
crank each other.  It's a case of the soon to be deaf leading the soon to be
deaf...and so the cylcle continues.

BlackHat
http://bobbyblackhat.com