Fwd: [Harp-L] Potato Potahtoe/Cherrypicking

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Hill <jonathan.f.hill@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:33:18 -0600
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Potato Potahtoe/Cherrypicking
To: George Brooks <gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx>

That's a frustrating thing to say to a young player like me.
Besides, doesn't talent usually follow determination?
Howard's proved the journey worthwhile and that should be the inspiration. Just
as few tenor sax players can play like Coltrane (my favorite example,
btw), a lot of guys have had tremendous success by emulating at least
some of the model he set. We've got our north star....why the heck
should anyone dissuade us from navigating by it?