Re: [Harp-L] Overblowing Hoopla

but IMO the
beauty of the diatonic is the diversification obtained >by switching harps
and getting the tonal changes and playing nuances >associated with the
different keys.

Harlyblu,

It is for all these reasons you mentioned, that makes
OB playing "Valid" and necessary. Alot of people think it's a technique that players only use because they figured it out and they 'can' do it so they'll use it. Not true.....

The SAME diversification, tonal changes and nuances IS the main reason for incorporating OB/OD technique into your playing.........

Howard along w/ others could play the whole night using this technique on one key diatonic harp.....but they "don't"...
They 'switch' harps as needed for position and nuance as well.

It's not 'hoopla' but more... ammo and tools for the working musician be it Blues or ANY style you play.

I personally don't use them much as I have spent much time on button chromaticism and 'diatonic' diatonic....

but as a musician I have tremendous appreciation for the sounds & music that this 'school' has produced in their only 'infant' stages! ...plus I learn a whole about the instrument when I listen...

I never trod,-))

just my opinion
rob paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vince Curcuru" <vcurcuru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>