[Harp-L] Overblowing Hoopla

Hi All,

I know I am going to get trod upon for saying this but truthfully, I don't
know what all the hoopla is about with overblowing??

Yeah it may be possible to get all the notes in the chromatic scale from a
diatonic harp using this technique, but do we need this?  Isn't this why
there are chromatic harps??  Is it worth all the harp customizing and work
involved in perfecting this technique??

I am not criticizing people that do this and I am sure Howard Levy and
company are geniuses and  like Benjamin Franklin's of the harp but IMO the
beauty of the diatonic is the diversification obtained by switching harps
and getting the tonal changes and playing nuances associated with the
different keys.  Of course I am primarily a blues player not a jazz player
so that is where I am coming from.

Anyway, should make for an interesting thread.  LOL

Harlyblu
Ó¿Õ¬
  \!!/