Re: [Harp-L] Any Help out there.

On Nov 14, 2004, at 4:17 PM, Pierre wrote:
One thing that should help is to make sure the hard is deep in your mouth, pucker like a chimpazee and set the harp deep in your mouth.

OK, here's where I am getting confused. On the one hand we have tongue block players. These are guys who barely touch the harp to the lips and work their sounds off of the right (and left) side of their tongue tip. Then there is the pucker player who purses their lips like sipping through a soda straw and directs the air to only the hole(s) they want.

Sooo, how DOES one stick a harp DEEP in their mouth and play pucker style? OR, how DOES one place a harp deep in their mouth and play tongue block style? I'm sure glad I tossed all of mine in the trash yesterday, as the constant adjusting and re-adjusting embochure has already driven me crazy.

smokey-joe