[Harp-L] re: Tremolo or Reverb (and now, Delay?)

hi all,

   ok.. a beginner's question: what's the diff between
delay and reverb? i happened upon an audiophile site
that describes delay as being a
repetition/reproduction of a specific sound,
individually identifiable sound, but reverb as being
the repro of a sound that is less individuated. am i
way off base?
   my understanding is you can fake reverb with a
delay pedal, but not the other way around. is that
right?
    last question - any suggestions on settings? for
example, what kind of setting, more or less give you
"slapback"? or how do you get a nice, "bottom of the
well" reverb?
    (in my case, i'm using a Danelectro PB&J, but i
was thinking in general terms)

   thanks all

  --Jp