Re: [Harp-L] re: groove

Bob Maglinte wrote:

SNIP

Let's say we have, as an example, three different musicians playing a 12 bar blues. One is a country player, one is a rocker, and one is the traditional blues player.

etc.

It's a regional thing too. I recently ran into a drummer friend who's spent the last 10 years in NYC. We were talking about the difference in feel compared with New Orleans. He said that he started having to do a lot fewer re-takes for NYC producers after he realized that they want everything to be ON the click as opposed to the rather laissez-faire sense of time that characterizes a lot of the music down here.