Re: flaten 7 hole draw?

From: "hazcon" <hazcon@xxxxxxxxxx>

>Hi all,
>  Recently i've been trying to venture out of my safety zone and play the
>top
>notes more often.
>         In playing the blues scales i find that the 7 draw often dosen't
>just seem to
>'fit' that well into scheme of things; so ,i've been  thinking about
>flattening the reed a semitone permanently.
>         That way i figure that i have a flat 3rd on the E scale and a flat
>7th on the A all the time(playing 2nd on an A harp,just for blues)
>         Has anyone done this or have any pros/ cons.
>         I seem to remember Brendan Power talking about it at some stage.
>Cheers
>Rick
>inNZ

You could consider valving the 7-blow reed.  That way you'll be able to
draw-bend to the flattened 7th note, and keep the original note as well.
This is not advice from an expert - just something I've been playing around
with.  It does work, if you can get the control you need!

Steve Shaw

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica