re: Huang harmonicas

>Huang Silvertones and Huang Star Performers are nice harps.   Definitely
>under-rated...  They are more trebley than Hohners and Herings.  Kind of
>like Telecaster guitars are more trebley than Gibson guitars...  (Not
>better or worse) Yes, for many years, most of my harps were Huang
>Silvertones...  And Yes, I had Joe Filisko make me a full set of
>brass-combed harmonicas with Huang Silvertone reed plates - Those were
>great harps and I still have that set.  But nowadays most of my harps are
>Hering Blues because they have a fatter tone (more bass and mids than
>Silvertones)

>Madcat

They are nice, and they are a good price.....but in my experience they need
a LOT of working on before you get that nice, even responsiveness.  If
you're happy with that aspect, then you could be in for a bargain, but if
you don't much like fiddling around with your harps right from brand-new
then I would say avoid 'em.

Steve Shaw.

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica