re: Huang harmonicas

Huang Silvertones and Huang Star Performers are nice harps.   Definitely
under-rated...  They are more trebley than Hohners and Herings.  Kind of
like Telecaster guitars are more trebley than Gibson guitars...  (Not
better or worse) Yes, for many years, most of my harps were Huang
Silvertones...  And Yes, I had Joe Filisko make me a full set of
brass-combed harmonicas with Huang Silvertone reed plates - Those were
great harps and I still have that set.  But nowadays most of my harps are
Hering Blues because they have a fatter tone (more bass and mids than
Silvertones)

>Hello,
>Is it true that Peter Madcat Ruth does or used to have his
>Filisko harmonicas made by Joe Filisko fitted with Huang
>reedplates because he loved their response and tone.
>
>Cheers
>G.

Peace & Joy,

Madcat