Re: Pod setting recommendations

- --- Howard Young <blues_harp68@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<<snip>>
> Any of you experienced with the Pod have favorite
> settings you'd like to share?  Also, anything to
> avoid or watch out for on the little beast?
<<snip>>

Howard,

I've only gigged with the POD on a couple of
occasions, and didn't really like it very much. I
tended to like the Pre Amp setting  best, with only
a little by way of effects tossed in (delay or
reverb, no drive). The thing is cool in that it
offers a lot of sounds (too many perhaps), but it
has an edginess that I don't care for. The biggest
problem I had with it gigging was our old friend
Mr. Feedback.

I could run it through the mains fine, but the
minute I put any into the monitors (so I could hear
myself) it really liked to feed back. Rolling off
the volume on the mic helps (when not playing), but
you may want to invest in an anti-feedback pedal to
go with that rig, such as the Rocktron Hush Pedal.

Another option, if you still have time: I'd highly
recommend getting yourself the Harp Commander and
run that little puppy through the PA instead of the
POD. It has a much more authentic, smooth tube
sound for harp IMO than the POD, and is ~much~ less
feedback prone. Since getting the HC, my POD has
been collecting dust.

Hope this helps.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens