Pignose 60 watt tube amp, green bullet

I have a Pignose G-60VR which has 2-6L6's and 4-12AX7's=20

I would like any information available on how to best configure this amp =
for harp usage.=20

The 12AX7's seem too hot for my green bullet mike, and I can't drive the =
pre-amp hard enough to "dirty up" the sound without feedback problems. =
I've tried substituting a couple of 12AU7's someone gave me, since they =
have a lower amplification factor, and still, with the pre-volume all =
the way up it is still not breaking up much at all. I'm thinking maybe =
the 12AT's or the 12AY's?

Anyone knowledgeable in this?

Also, if I replace tubes, do I also have to adjust "bias"? (I really =
don't know what "bias" is, after all, even though I understand some =
electronic theory).=20

Someone at Guitar Center told me that I should try the Russian-made =
12AX7's for a sound with more "edge".

I'm happy with the Pignose, as far as "clean" goes. Just looking for =
more dimension, and optimization for harp.

Also, I bought my green bullet just a couple of years ago. Is there =
anything I can do to make it a better mike? Do other elements work =
better than the one that came with it?

Full of questions,,

Bob Laughlin