Re: Album Review: Charlie Hunter Quintets "Right Now Move" (long)

Jp Pagan wrote:

> I don?t know if he
>overdubs his parts, but from reading some of his
>interviews, I doubt it.

I've seen Charlie play many times and I can assure you he does all this
stuff without overdubbing, live on stage. When you watch him you can see
_how_ he does it, but it's truly amazing nonetheless, and totally
musical. There are some online videos here (but better to catch him
live, if you can):

http://www.charliehunter.com/video/index.htm

As for Gregoire Maret, I think he's a wonderful and very musical player.
I especially enjoy his playing with Andy Milne's Dapp Theory
(http://www.andymilne.com/dapp_site/). Gregoire's soulful solo on Dizzy
Gillespie's "Con Alma" (DappTheory, "Y'all Just Don't Know") shows off
his fine technique and a beautiful sense of harmonica dynamics and melody.

- - Slim Heilpern