Re: Huang question

Vince Cheney wrote:
> On this topic I ask the question.....
> Has anyone ever had a Huang harp that lasts long enought to be
> compaired to the Hohners or Herings? I've seen the Frontier,
> Silvertone Deluxe and the Star Performer, but have always passed
> them by. Any hope in them as a harp for pro use?

I personally don't care for the Huang harps, I've had too many bad
experiences working on them.  The flip side is that this is the harp
Norton Buffalo plays (although he seemed to be using Hohner
chromatics at SPAH).  I sat next to him and peered into his gig case
at the rows of well-worn Huang Star Performers.  Man, he makes 'em
sound sweet...

- -tim