Re: Addition to the Sonic Palette

Speaking for blues trumpet....

I have a musical education background in jazz trumpet but the bulk of
professional playing (outside of the US military) I've done has been on harp.  With
trumpet, the key is building up and keeping up the muscles necessary to support
the embouchure and air.  Trumpet is a physically demanding instrument.  If
you practice faithfully every day, you'll build up endurance pretty quickly.

I'm not sure about a pocket trumpet, as I haven't heard one in years.  The
blues trumpet work I've done has been either with a standard Bb trumpet and a
harmon mute or a flugelhorn.  Harp riffs also translate well to and from the
trumpet.

Kris

Kris "Red" McKenzie, harp
The High Tide Band