"Paddy Richter" tuning

Steve Shaw writes that re-tuning the 3-blow a whole tone up, you then have a
harp in the so-called "Paddy Richter" tuning.

I'd like to try this tuning.  I'm really not proficient at tinkering under the
hood.  I'll probably have to buy them from one of the customizers on list.  The
question I have for the harp techs is, Would you re-tune the 3-blow reed or
would you just replace the 3-blow reed with a reed of the correct note?  It
seems liek a replaced reed would last longer.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt