Re: removing 1 of the 7591 power tubes

John wrote:
"The idea is that it is lower powered and will be 'cranked' at reasonable
volume.   I don't actually comprehend most of this!  Does it sound logical,
especially from a harp perspective?"

I'm no amp tech, so I can't speak about the specifics of that mod (perhaps
Don D. can on-list), but yes this does sound logical from a harp
perspective. Let us know how it works out.
One thing you might do is give your tech pal a copy of Gerald Weber's
article, "Harp Amp Secrets and Tips." You can find it on the web here:
<www.jt30.com/jt30page/weber/Guitar51.htm> Even if he doesn't use any of
this info for your amp, it'll still pay off having at least one more tech in
the know about harp amps. As they say, a rising tide floats all boats.
MN