Re: Get me going on the blues - 25yrs - Brewster Bros..

Thanks to all who responded with your nominations.

Made for a very comprehensive - and interesting list. Greatly appreciated.

Also for any australians here.. the Brewster Bros show is well worth catching - last Friday nite at Mayfield was great (could only stay for half - damn)

A really big sound for a duo - I was worried that the lead guitar would go crazy on the Angels material.  Hell no, the way it was rigged was the acoustic rhythm guitar was louder than the electric lead... made for very tasteful renditions of the Angels stuff - also chucking the lead electric for keybrds at times - i would have to say it was even nicely melodic (gasp)

Some cranking harmonica in there too - think the track was called "Save Some of That for Me"(?)

Lots of great old jug style blues too - Rick chucked the electric aside for his washboard - highly appropriate considering the Angels came originally out of a jug band - the washboard may have been Rick's original axe(?)

catch them if they are nearby - just be tolerant of the hordes of drunks yelling out 'angels! angels! angels!' whenever the band goes into its nice jug stuff. I think the brothers will just have to grin and bear it.

crowley