Re: Get me going on the blues - 25yrs

In a message dated 8/22/03 6:19:33 PM, bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Now to get back to the Charlie McCoy thing,
> Charlie's playing (along with the band) dead straight on top or ahead of the
> beat.
>
> Playing off 2 and 4 allows you to use far fewer notes to get the job done,
> and works more smoothly with the way the groove is played.

This entire post is one of the best I have seen in my many years on Harp
- -L....For those of us intermediate (wishing we could get better) players, this
simple thing is so hard to do. I have long been a Charlie McCoy fan and   maybe
that has held me back in the blues.. And though I'm not exactly sure yet, what
playing behind the beat is, I'm getting closer and this helps me a lot..
Thanks..
Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp